Join us for an exciting event which seeks to foster collaboration between space, agriculture, forestry and financial services. The event aims to understand the financial management sector’s requirements for earth observation/ geospatial information, the agriculture & forestry’s sectors challenges and what the current (including near future), capabilities of earth observation/geospatial sector are, to support the needs of land based and financial services sectors.
In addition to understanding the advancements in satellite technology which will drive the adoption of technology in agriculture, the event will focus on uniting these sectors by raising awareness of the needs and challenges that they each face and look at potential collaborations by showcasing how space data can help land based enterprises.
Topics that will be explored through a series of presentations and discussion groups include how space data can help to:
- Track and achieve environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals, such as becoming carbon neutral
- Monitor deforestation and reforestation levels, the presence and quality of water bodies, and more
- Develop improved loss mitigation strategies for both agriculture and finance i.e. anticipate potential risks such as droughts or floods
- Promote precision agriculture
- Lead to informed lending decisions - Objective data on farmers' land use and farming practices enable the finance and banking businesses to assess credit risk more accurately
- Offer alignment with environmental and social requirements that insurance and banking companies increasingly need to ensure that their lending practices align with
- Support climate risk management – apart from analysing the effectiveness of farming efforts, satellite imagery can also reveal the effect of climate change on the land and its threat to agricultural productivity
To book your place use the "Book Now" link on the right which will display a pop-up window with the booking form. Please use the notes section within the booking form to highlight any specific dietary requirements for lunch.